Jackson Kayak has once again teamed up with pro kayak angler Drew Gregory to create the Coosa HD (Heavy Duty), MSRP $1,699, a new and improved version of the Coosa. Jackson built the design of the new boat on the original Coosa’s stability, comfort and maneuverability, but have updated the hull design and included fishing focused features.
While the hull of the Coosa HD is slightly longer and wider, Jackson says it is still a river fishing boat. The added length and width increase both speed and stability to allow anglers to fish in a wider range of conditions, such as lakes, ponds and even inshore.
“The whole design team is justifiably proud of the original Coosa,” said Jackson Kayak pro Drew Gregory, in a press release. “Now I feel like I’m getting even more of the comforts and features I’ve been dreaming about.”
Weight: 79 pounds (add 6 pounds w/ seat)
- “New improved Elite Seat 3.0 that adjusts to multiple seating positions, fore and aft, high and low, allowing for the most efficient trim. The seat also boasts a comfortable curved seat back, new seat padding, Plano tackle box pockets underneath, and the new Therm-a-Rest lumbar pad system.
- Raymarine and Power-Pole Micro Anchor ready, with molded in features making installation of the latest in kayak fishing technologies clean, quick and easy.
- A hinged, removable, “Coosa Console” that allows for convenient fish finder integration, day hatch, Nalgene, drink holder, and a new line spooling system. It’s also easily removable for those that want a clean deck, like fly fisherman.
- Improved and enhanced rod management systems, including rod tip covers at the bow, for multiple rod holding and staging positions for fly, spin and bait casting styles, flush mounts, and standard RAM rod holders.
- Built-in GoPro mounts, and the new YakAttack Boomstick pole camera mount to enable capturing every moment of every catch and adventure on film.
- Standard Buck Knives Splizzors fishing multitool for addressing all your lure change and hook removal needs on the water.
- Padded floor to optimize the stand-up fishing experience.”
Available boat colors: Forest Camo, GI Jackson, Dorado, Sexy Shad, Sunrise and Urban Cowgirl. For more information about Jackson Kayak, or their new Coosa HD, check out their website, jacksonkayak.com.
Check out Jackson pro and Kayak Angler contributing photographer Chris Funk’s first opinions of the new boat.